It’s great to welcome journalist, author and podcaster Andrew Rule to the Betting 360 Podcast to discuss his latest book, CHANCE: Of grit and gamblers and the romance of the racing life.
Andrew Rule is a true crime feature writer for the Herald Sun, and also hosts one of Australia’s most popular podcasts, Life and Crimes. Andrew talked to us about his new book and shared stories of some of the betting ring’s most famous (and infamous) names, massive plunges and huge wins.
The Betting 360 Podcast is brought to you by TopSport.
Andrew Rule on racing, the punt and his new book Chance
Our chat with Andrew Rule covers:
- Andrew’s background in racing… and time as a jockey!
- Mark Read, Getting Closer and taking a footy team to Sydney to hit the betting ring
- Why the 1940s to the 1970s were a golden era for cash and betting in Australia
- When SP bookmakers became on-course bookmakers and bookmaking dynasties.
- The punter who went to Caulfield with $10… and turned it into a mountain of cash.
- The Great Bookie Robbery of 1976. Who was “The Blowfly” and was he the crew’s inside man?
- Adapting the book to a TV series?
Andrew’s new book is CHANCE: Of grit and gamblers and the romance of the racing life.
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts:
Join the winner's list this Spring Racing Carnival.
Our racing analysts join forces to bring you their Best Bets every Saturday.
With a focus on the big race meetings and the Group 1 features, this is the ultimate Spring tipping service.
Click here for all the details on this great "bet and forget" Spring membership.