It’s a very unique time for everybody! Amid the various impacts that COVID-19 has had on racing and sport, Betfair volumes on Australian racing seem to have boomed. To get an idea of what the actual impact has been – and how punters might be able to take advantage of it – we had a chat to Betfair Australia Senior Content Marketing Manager James McLoughlin.
Our discussion with James covers:
- What James does at Betfair Australia – the Betfair Hub and the role it plays in educating punters and giving them the confidence to increase their activity
- The Betfair Australia Exchange throughout the COVID-19 period – what have been the impacts? Has Australian racing benefited from being one of the only codes to continue operating uninterrupted?
- The loss of sport and the importance of Australia’s three racing codes throughout this period
- The changes in liquidity during this period – increased interest from overseas
- Betfair SP’s edge over tote products and is it providing even better dividends than usual at the moment?
- Betfair SP on greyhound racing – why it offers such a great price
- What is the cut-off for Betfair SP? Is it as soon as the race jumps or is there a delay?
- Continued merger and acquisition activity in the Australian wagering market… what does that mean for Betfair Australia?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: