The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 40… Tristan from TopSport gives us an insight into how the trading operation looks on a big, multiple Group 1 raceday like this Saturday… And what skills do you need to play a role? Plus we check out all the market action for this weekend’s five Group 1 races. The Other Side is brought to you by TopSport.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 40
- How do you manage a big raceday like this Saturday with Group 1 racing in two states?
- How do you split the workload between meetings and workload?
- What has to be the primary focus for a trader on raceday?
- The importance of managing prices
- What’s most important in hiring a prospective trader?
- What is the TopSport team like? Are they keen punters?
- How about Tristan’s role? Does he need to be hands-on or can he step away?
- This week’s G1 racing in Melbourne: Futurity Stakes, Blue Diamond, Oakleigh Plate
- The G1 racing and the big wet in Sydney! Chipping Norton, Surround Stakes
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: