Former Champion Bets analyst Cameron O’Brien is our guest on this episode of the Betting 360 Podcast. Cameron recently left Champion Bets, teaming up with his cousin Mark Rhoden to launch online bookmaker ReadyBet. It’s far from a simple process, however… Cameron talks to us about becoming a bookmaker and the things that have surprised him.
Becoming a bookmaker with Cameron O’Brien
Our chat with Andrew covers…
- Why did you become a bookie?
- How do you become a bookmaker in 2022: what’s the process?
- Paying racing and sports fields fees
- What about bookmaking on course?
- What happens on Day 1?
- Where do the punters come from?
- Major surprises when the business opened?
- What about sports betting – how do you handle that?
- Prices? Taking a feed or doing it yourself?
- Distinguishing yourself from the other bookies
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts:
Don't spend this season making donations to the bookies. AFL Tips is back for 2022: get on board now and start betting with an edge.