Champion Bets NSW Racing Analyst Mark Rhoden worked with bookmakers for many years, before going out on his own as a professional punter in 2016. Today on Betting 360, we chat about some of the challenges faced by a full-time punter including dealing with variance, working alone and adapting to an ever-changing market.
- Mark’s background and experience in the Australian bookmaking industry, from the early days in Darwin to trading for Australia’s largest bookie, Sportsbet.
- Making the switch to full-time pro betting
- Managing variance as a punter: dealing with flat spots versus big winning runs
- The changing betting market: how increasing market percentages have impacted the way a punter needs to bet
- The use of Betfair on NSW racing and the impact of the 10% commission rate
- Big money races such as The Everest and the Golden Eagle… are they good betting propositions?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts:
Start winning on NSW racing with Mark Rhoden’s NSW Winners.
Over $10,000 profit across Sydney metro and provincial race meetings since September 2017.