Josh Blanksby is CEO of the Melbourne Racing Club, encompassing the Caulfield, Sandown and Mornington racecourses in Melbourne. With the 2019 Spring Carnival drawing to a close, he joins us on Betting 360 to chat about a number of issues surrounding racing and the punt.
- The recent Caulfield Carnival
- Declining wagering figures in spring, and the factors that have contributed to it
- Race scheduling during Spring: The Everest, Caulfield Guineas, Caulfield Cup
- The timing of the Melbourne Spring Carnival
- Why international runners are invited to the Caulfield Cup
- The future of Sandown Racecourse
- The redevelopment of Caulfield Racecourse: Wednesday night racing and a second track
Racecourse attendance – is it still relevant as a measure of success?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: