As a punter, Cameron O’Brien has had a lot of success in Group 1 races and other high-profile races. Why is this the case? We chat to Cameron about his approach to doing the form and why it seems to work well in Group 1 races.
The Betting 360 Podcast is brought to you by TopSport.
Doing the form for Group 1 races with Cameron O’Brien
Our discussion with Cameron covers:
- Why he seems to have a knack for betting successfully in big races
- The ‘Grand Final’ factor in Group 1 races and why it matters for punters
- Using ratings as the basis for betting
- Why a lot of variables and ‘noise’ are removed in Group 1 races
- Cameron has his own proprietary database – why?
- What goes into Cameron’s ratings
- How can we try to predict the rating in an upcoming race?
- What stops a horse getting to their peak rating?
- Judging a horse’s consistency and reliability
- ‘Doing the form’: everything outside of the actual ratings you have
- How predictable are racehorses, generally?
- Examples such as Nature Strip, Winx, So Si Bon and Arcadia Queen
- Why lower-class horses are less reliable, which isn’t a problem in Group 1 races
- The impact of trainers and jockeys in Group 1 races
- Dealing with international horses in the Spring Carnival, and how to add them in a ratings database
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts:
Pro-punter Cameron O'Brien knows how to find value winners at big prices. He's done it time and time again for his Key Bets members. Right now, you can get 7 days of Key Bets for just $7! Hurry, limited offer.