As a punter, Cameron O’Brien has had a lot of success in Group 1 races and other high-profile races. Why is this the case? We chat to Cameron about his approach to doing the form and why it seems to work well in Group 1 races.
The Betting 360 Podcast is brought to you by TopSport.
Doing the form for Group 1 races with Cameron O’Brien
Our discussion with Cameron covers:
- Why he seems to have a knack for betting successfully in big races
- The ‘Grand Final’ factor in Group 1 races and why it matters for punters
- Using ratings as the basis for betting
- Why a lot of variables and ‘noise’ are removed in Group 1 races
- Cameron has his own proprietary database – why?
- What goes into Cameron’s ratings
- How can we try to predict the rating in an upcoming race?
- What stops a horse getting to their peak rating?
- Judging a horse’s consistency and reliability
- ‘Doing the form’: everything outside of the actual ratings you have
- How predictable are racehorses, generally?
- Examples such as Nature Strip, Winx, So Si Bon and Arcadia Queen
- Why lower-class horses are less reliable, which isn’t a problem in Group 1 races
- The impact of trainers and jockeys in Group 1 races
- Dealing with international horses in the Spring Carnival, and how to add them in a ratings database
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts:
Pro-punter Cameron O'Brien knows how to find value winners at big prices. He's done it time and time again for his Key Bets members. They get all of Cameron's tips from right across Australia, including stake, recommended price and runner comments.