Welcome to our brand new podcast, with thanks to TopSport: The Other Side.
We’re all punters, and we’re always speaking to other punters… but it’s not often we get an idea of how things operate for those on the other side of the punt: the bookmakers.
Tristan Merlehan, director of TopSport, joins us on this series to give us an insight into modern-day bookmaking. Both Tristan and his father, Lloyd, are former on-course bookmakers who moved to establish an online presence with TopSport around 15 years ago, and things have been steadily growing since.
On this first episode, we talk about
- The move from on-course to online
- The team required to run an online bookmaking operation
- Framing early markets: what is opinion versus following the rest
- Fluctuations: what actually drives them
- Do you need to balance a book?
Or listen wherever you get your podcasts: