The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 3… we discuss the impact of a shortened Queensland winter carnival, plus the return of the NRL, AFL and PGA Tour golf.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 3
- A vastly reduced Queensland winter racing carnival – does it affect turnover? Do punters care about the prizemoney of a race?
- Turnover on racing over the COVID-19 period
- Big turnover on the NRL on return, including a big plunge last weekend
- Betting moves for this week – AFL and NRL
- Which has the most turnover – AFL or NRL? What is the difference in mix?
- Product fees for AFL and NRL – how do they compare? Are they expensive sports to bet on?
- Changes to the NRL product fee structure that allowed a much fairer betting market for the 2020 season
- Minimum bet laws… on sport!? How far away is it – the near future, the distant future or never?
- $2 lines on AFL and NRL – back for 2020. When you can get on both sides at even money
- The return of PGA Tour golf – how do the volumes compare to other sports? Are punters interested outside of the majors?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: