The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 4… we speak to Tristan from TopSport about how uncertainty is affecting footy punters, and how punters, bookies and racing bodies can all benefit from increased betting volumes.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 4
- Uncertainty around the AFL season – is is having an impact on punters?
- Increased betting on NRL due to attractiveness of the game
- The impact of POC tax and the varying rates across different states
- Uncertainty around Tasmanian racing form due to the break, and how that impacts markets
- Why POC Tax pales in significance to race field fees – state by state, which codes are the best
- The different impact of charges on bookies, depending on their volumes
- Why Greyhounds NSW have the best race field fee model
- Bookies, punters and the racing bodies – why everybody is in it together and there needs to be a balance in terms of returns
- Open discussions and working with Racing Victoria on fees
- The Spring Racing Carnival clashing with football finals – why there will need to be efforts to keep turnover in racing
- The introduction of minimum bet limits on NSW greyhound racing
- Why minimum bet limits mean displayed prices are “true”, and ensure the market price reaches certainty sooner
- How were the levels of interest on the Royal Ascot racing carnival?
- Who is the money coming for this weekend?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: