The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 32… the Spring Carnival is the battle ground and as Tristan tells us, the punters and bookies are toe-to-toe and trading blows. Plus we wrap up the footy season with all the Grand Final betting news.
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 32
- Betting on the NRL Grand Final – the result, in-play action and the Clive Churchill medal
- Pre-match betting versus in-play
- Huge swings in the AFL Grand Final
- The long-term premiership market versus betting in the week of the game
- Bookies versus punters: the Spring Carnival so far
- How has the market reacted to a disappointing performance from a star like Verry Elleegant?
- Very short favourites in the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate!
- One very smart futures bet on the Caulfield Cup!
- TopSport’s all-time record-breaking day on Saturday
- How popular are quaddies? What kind of punters play them?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: