Sam Lyons is Racing Manager at Grand Syndicates, where the focus is on buying and racing moderately-priced yet talented horses and having a lot of fun along the way. We talk to him about how the racehorse syndication process works including the selection of horses and trainers, and the thrill of winning a Group 1 with Behemoth – the $6,000 horse that has now won $1.3 million after taking out the Memsie Stakes at Caulfield.
The Betting 360 Podcast is brought to you by TopSport.
Racehorse Syndication with Grand Syndicates
Our discussion with Sam covers:
- Winning the $1m Group 1 Memsie Stakes with Behemoth – a $6,000 purchase who has now won over $1.3 million!
- Managing Behemoth through the grades
- Behemoth’s group of owners
- Plans for Behemoth for the rest of the Spring Carnival
- Sam’s role at Grand Syndicates and some background to the company
- Sam’s background in racing and his very interesting former career!
- What is Grand Syndicates all about? The philosophy behind the racehorse syndication company – being simple, affordable and upfront
- Grand Syndicates’ partnership with TopSport and the benefits for owners
- How Grand Syndicates selects horses and what they look for
- John Price’s ability to find talented horses at affordable prices
- The team of trainers
- An opportunity to get involved in a special filly at Grand Syndicates.
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: