The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 29… It comes around fast! We talk this week’s Winx Stakes – the first Group 1 race of the season – plus the rest of the Spring Carnival. Has there been much futures action, and what is the impact on wagering of all these pop-up races?
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 29
- How did the Olympics finish up for TopSport in terms of turnover and results?
- Saturday’s Winx Stakes is the first Group 1 of the racing season. How is the betting market shaping?
- Futures betting on the Spring Carnival
- Early Melbourne Cup betting action. Is the uncertainty regarding the field having an impact?
- New pop-up races during Spring. Is it all positive for wagering?
- Minimum bet limits before raceday. Has it led to a change in betting behaviour?
- What are the Group 1 limits this year at TopSport?
- AFL and NRL footy finals… is there much action due to the uncertainty?
- The impact of the uneven NRL competition
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: