The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 11… On this episode of The Other Side, we chat with Tristan from TopSport about a range of topics at a very busy time for bookies! Tristan takes us through their results for the Melbourne Cup Carnival, how they dealt with the major TAB outage last weekend, and the enormous amount of turnover on the US election.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 11
- How did the Spring Carnival results treat TopSport?
- The huge multi that ruined TopSport’s Melbourne Cup day!
- Twilight Payment: the Melbourne Cup result for TopSport
- The big TAB outage last Saturday… how did it impact bookmakers like TopSport?
- Dealing with the TAB outage on the run
- The huge amount of betting action on the US election
- What sort of punters bet on the US election?
- How do you price an election market as a bookmaker?
- End-of-season State Of Origin… what has engagement been like?
- US Masters golf… are the punters into it at this time of the year? Who do the punters like?
- The upcoming Perth Racing Carnival
- The difficulty with offering a good range of product on WA racing
- The excessive costs of running a book on WA racing
- Why a bookie can’t take punters on – and take risk – while being charged on a daily basis
- The new TopSport website
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: