The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 19… Tristan from TopSport joins us to talk about a tough weekend for the bookies, the postponement of the Golden Slipper meeting and all the action from the return of the AFL and NRL.
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 19
- A tough weekend for the bookies!
- The loss of the Slipper meeting… how much turnover do punters simply transfer to other meetings, and how much is lost?
- The postponed Slipper meeting – how are bets treated?
- Tuesday – zero race meetings nationally!
- Both of the major footy codes are back. The difficulties in pricing up early-season games
- In-play betting on AFL and NRL – is it as prevalent early in the season when there’s more unknowns and less form?
- In-play betting is still limited to the phone in Australia. Does that work?
- Same Game Multis are live for AFL and NRL!
- Betting taxes and fees on the AFL and NRL – how do they compare to racing? Are they more reasonable?
- How much do the AFL and NRL dominate the local sports betting market compared to other punters?
- Some big changes in NBA futures markets with injuries to key MVP hopes
- TopSport’s huge effort in the World’s Greatest Shave… $27k raised!
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: