The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 23… Bookmaking is certainly not the most predictable business to be in… variance takes care of that! Today we talk to Tristan about how he handles that when things are going particularly well, or particularly badly. Plus we touch on NRL, AFL and Group 1 racing.
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 23
- Bookmaking as a business… how do you handle the emotions of such highs and lows?
- How do you put a bad day behind you and move on?
- “Don’t make significant changes when you’re emotional” – Leave it until the next day
- How hard is the endless action?
- The crazy NRL round which saw a huge spike in send-offs… how did it impact the books?
- Changes to minimum bet limits in Victoria. Has the change been noticeable?
- Further changes from racing bodies coming?
- What are the best jurisdictions / codes / sports to bet on in terms of the lowest costs?
- How some racing bodies understand and allow variance in punting and bookmaking
- The huge increase in the number of markets now available on AFL games
- The Group 1 Doomben Cup – where’s the money been going?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: