The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 24… Betting volumes are up again as Victoria re-enters lockdown… we speak to Tristan from TopSport about the impact. We also look at how wild uncertainty is hurting NRL betting, plus French Open Tennis, NBA playoffs and the Queensland Racing Carnival.
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 24
- The impact of yet another lockdown on punting volumes!
- AFL fixturing chaos… does it impact bookmakers and betting volumes?
- What are the rules around football betting when there’s a late venue change? Giving punters the option to cancel or keep their bets
- NRL: Rule changes and sin bins! How is that impacting betting on the game?
- Huge uncertainty in the NRL betting markets
- How to set an NRL market: has it changed?
- French Open tennis: has Osaka’s withdrawal thrown the markets into chaos?
- Big volume on NBA playoffs
- Champions League Final… outsiders Chelsea win… but not a good betting result for TopSport!
- Zaaki is the standout performer of the Queensland Carnival – has he been supported in futures markets?
- How futures markets on big races work
- Open market for the Queensland Oaks
- Racing Queensland expanding minimum bet limits across all three racing codes
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: