The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 25… We talk to Tristan from TopSport about how the betting markets look from the bookies’ side. Today we chat about managing a shorty like Zaaki, the Origin blowout result, putting together markets for a golf major, and whether there’s any possibility of WA punters getting minimum bet limits any time soon.
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 25
- Brisbane Winter Carnival highlights
- Zaaki in the Q22! Bookmaking when you have a very short favourite and the impact on the rest of the card
- Group 1 JJ Atkins result
- Minimum bet limits in Western Australia… any progress?
- Reducing the cost of bookmaking on WA racing
- Expanding MBLs to before raceday… any other states getting on board?
- The big result in Origin Game 1
- The opening market for Origin Game 2
- How does Origin impact punting on the surrounding NRL rounds?
- US Open golf betting trends
- Framing different golf markets
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: