The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 26… The Olympics bring a different set of challenges to bookmakers, with a huge number of sports – some very obscure – needing markets framed. Tristan from TopSport takes us through how they’re dealing with it… the punters are on top early!
We discuss this and more on this episode of The Other Side…
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 26
- Betting rules for transferred AFL / NRL games
- Bookmaking on the Olympics… endless markets!
- The biggest (betting) Olympics ever
- Dealing with obscure sports specialist punters
- The boost to wagering that comes from great broadcast access
- How do such a large number of sports and events get priced?
- The volatility of Olympics markets
- Is the betting patriotic and biased toward the Aussies?
- The race free week in Victoria – what’s the story with the betting turnover?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: