The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 8… On the latest podcast, we chat with Tristan from TopSport about the spring majors markets, dealing with smart punters, and the impact of having so much sport happening at the one time.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 8
- Russian Camelot… have the smart punters come for it in the Melbourne Cup after the weekend’s impressive performance?
- Cup Doubles… are they still a popular option among punters, or a thing of the past?
- How quickly do futures markets move after an impressive run?
- Taking on smarter punters… does a bookie learn anything from them?
- What common traits do you see among winning punters?
- The importance of price and getting in at the top of the market
- The importance of staking and why smart punters do it better
- Do plunges often result in other value possibilities in the same field?
- Pricing international horses into big races… is the process any different?
- The NBA playoffs… how has it played out for bookies?
- Week 1 of the NFL… how much action are we seeing? The impact of having no preseason
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: