The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 9… On the latest podcast, we chat with Tristan from TopSport about how they handle their book different levels of racing, and how their successful clients bet – are all winning punters just win bettors, or are there long-term winners betting place, multis and exotics?
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 9
- How the Spring Carnival has treated the bookies so far – fluctuating results for the bookies!
- Having the Spring Carnival and footy finals at the same time… what’s been the impact of that?
- Does the amount a bookie can make depend much on the quality of racing? Are bigger markets more efficient and therefore harder to make a profit on?
- Group 1 and feature racing versus regular Saturday metro racing versus country and provincial racing – the different betting patterns
- The impact of higher charges from racing bodies on Group 1 racedays
- TopSport was undertaking a lot of work with racing bodies relating to increasing turnover and reducing charges. Where is that at now?
- The importance of keeping low-margin punters in the game
- Are all successful punters simply win bettors? Are there winning punters who focus on place and each-way betting?
- How place betting on harness racing can be successful
- Are there any successful punters who bet multis?
- Managing the liability as a bookie when big multis go close to saluting
- Betfair removing commission from some races – does it impact bookies?
- The importance of Betfair to the betting ecosystem
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: