The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 2… we discuss COVID-19, BetDogs.com.au, the return of the NRL and potential Spring Carnival changes
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 2
- The loss of sport globally – how has it impacted the bookmakers?
- Increased betting on three racing codes
- Betting on e-sports… are punters actually embracing it with few other options?
- Has sports turnover simply shifted to racing throughout the COVID-19? How much has been totally lost?
- Has there been a similar uplift in greyhound racing and harness racing, or just thoroughbred racing?
- BetDogs.com.au is a separate site from TopSport purely focused on greyhound racing. Why has TopSport done this and what does it offer greyhound punters?
- Changes to the Spring Carnival… what if the carnival is pushed back into November? How will it impact bookies and turnover?
- Is it the right time to experiment with the scheduling of the Spring Carnival?
- Why racing needs to evolve, look to the future and ensure the industry is strong in five to ten years
- The NRL is back! Are the punters all over it or is it sneaking up on everybody?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: