The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 34… It was the biggest Melbourne Cup Carnival on record for the team at TopSport – we get all the wash-up on the winners and losers from Tristan.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 34
- How were betting volumes over the Cup Carnival?
- Did the punters or the bookies get out on top?
- The results on Derby Day – Hitotsu was smashed!
- When are the big moved happening? Pre raceday? Early? Late?
- Verry Elleegant winning the Cup… did the smart punters want it?
- The Melbourne Cup… the failure of hot favourite Incentivise delivers a very good result for bookies.
- Oaks Day… how did the betting volumes compared to the other three days?
- Stakes Day – great start for the bookies with Hosier… not so much after that!
- Was Nature Strip too short in the Darley or did the punters keep coming for it?
- TopSport… official wagering partner of the Bathurst 1000!
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: