The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 35… The annual Perth racing carnival is in full swing, but it remains a difficult area for the bookies to operate in… Tristan explains why.
Plus we get a final wrap-up of the Spring Carnival and have a chat about how market percentages work.
We’re all punters. And we speak to a lot of other punters. On The Other Side podcast series we jump the fence and speak with Tristan Merlehan, Director at TopSport, to get an insight into modern-day bookmaking.
Tristan takes us through how a modern corporate bookmaker operates, the issues they face, and how changes in racing and sport impact the business.
Have you got a question for Tristan about anything we’ve discussed, or anything else related to bookmaking? Just get in touch with us and we’ll ask him on the next episode.
The Other Side: TopSport Podcast Episode 35
- How did the Spring Carnival finish up for TopSport?
- Is the last day of the race in Perth as big as the eastern states?
- Is it still hard for bookies to operate on WA racing? Why?
- What the cost of betting in WA means for punters
- How much did Western Empire cost the bookies in the Railway Stakes?
- Why are market percentages so different across racing and sport?
- The importance of the number of runners
- How much does racing cost to bet on compared to sport?
- Could race field fees be dropped?
- Are punters price sensitive?
You can find us below or anywhere you get your podcasts: