Betting Bulletin: Thursday September 2 with today’s free tip, rated prices and our latest racing and sports betting features.
🆓 Free tip
Today’s free tip comes from Gareth Phillips
1:30pm Cranbourne Race 1
#5 Magic Hammer $4.40 with TopSport
Fairly lightly raced dour type whose last three runs are decent enough with varying excuses each run. 2600m looks no problem. Finished alongside HOLY MONGOLIAN last start who was only having second start and was marginally held up. Favourite DUBAI MOON does have the best ratings, finishing close up in town a few times, and BOW THRUSTER was only a length behind it at Caulfield when suited by the farcical pace. It’s a strangely interesting race for a 2600m maiden. Jockey / trainer combo is strong for MAGIC HAMMER, as are the trainer’s stats at Cranbourne.
📰 Hot off the press
- DataBase Ratings Free rated prices for Belmont
- Blackbookers Bumper edition: five horses to follow from Caulfield!
- Spring majors: Current top contenders for the Melbourne Cup and The Everest.
- PGA Tour Championship Preview and free tips
- This week’s NRL Line Ladder – time to take on the Storm?
- TopSport: 5 reasons why it’s the best option for Aussie punters
🎧 Listen up!
It was the Saturday from hell for the folks at TopSport. On top of a string of odds-on pops winning at Caulfield, the results didn’t go their way at Kembla Grange and they also lost on the footy! Tristan takes us through it on the latest episode of The Other Side.
💰 Recent highlights
- The first weekend of AFL Finals was a profitable one for AFL Tips, with 2.5 units profit at 33% profit-on-turnover
- It was also a profitable weekend for the Golf Insider, who backed both Patrick Cantlay (winner) and Bryson DeChambeau (each-way) in the BMW Championship.
🏇 Today’s action
- Gareth’s Winners Muswellbrook
- NRL Tips Raiders vs Roosters
- Golf Insider Tour Championship (PGA) and Italian Open (Euro)
💓 Pulse by poll
Thoughts on betting on the Kensington track, punters?
— ChampionBets.com.au (@ChampionBetsAU) September 1, 2021