Betting Bulletin: Wednesday September 8 with today’s free tip and our latest racing and sports betting features.
🆓 Today’s free tip
Our Queensland gun The Professor has a two-horse play today…
2:21pm Eagle Farm Race 4
#6 Not A Choice $3.50 with TopSport
#18 Kermarcher $17 with TopSport
Not A Choice is a former O’Shea galloper having his first start for the Gollan stable. Had 4 starts in NSW and 3 of them were very good and had excuses on the 4th when found a wet track that I don’t think she handled. Finds a pretty winnable maiden here that I don’t think is as hard as some of the races she faced up in last prep. Gollan has a habit of strongly improving horses but I don’t think she needs to improve to win this. Is drawn awkwardly in the widest barrier but I don’t think that’s a huge negative with the rail out 10m at Eagle Farm – they tend to come very wide when the rail is in this position and she has enough gate speed to find a position, will just need a shade of luck to not get posted wide. Gets Steph Thornton on board who is a solid enough jockey and has been riding very well for the stable of late. If gets even luck then I think has this field covered and if had drawn slightly better I would have much shorter here.
Speaking of positive stable changes, Kermarhcer is a horse that has shown flashes of ability with the Bryan and Daniel Guy stable and is having her first start for the John Moore stable today. He is flying since coming back to Queensland and this horse has trialled nicely leading into this. Gets a ton of gear changes and gets Jaden Lloyd on board who I’m starting to really rate as a rider and comes with the benefit of the 2kg claim. Don’t think her best is as good as Not A Choice but if she runs up to her best and Not A Choice doesn’t I can see her getting up. Given the stable change and the trial leading into this I think there is a solid chance that she can run somewhere near her best. At the odds I think worth a small play.
📰 Hot off the press
- DataBase Ratings Free rated prices for Eagle Farm
- Blackbookers Trevor Lawson’s three horses to follow from Moonee Valley
- Spring majors: Current top contenders for the Melbourne Cup and The Everest.
- TopSport: 5 reasons why it’s the best option for Aussie punters
🎧 Listen up!
Andrew Rule is a true crime feature writer for the Herald Sun, and also hosts one of Australia’s most popular podcasts, Life and Crimes. Andrew joined us on the Betting 360 Podcast to talk about his new book and share stories of some of the betting ring’s most famous (and infamous) names, massive plunges and huge wins.
💰 Recent highlights
- Our best-value membership, Horse Play, continued its winning ways on Saturday thanks to Degraves (Moonee Valley) and Ingear (Eagle Farm)
- Dean’s Winners members made nearly 7 units profit on Saturday with winners at The Valley and Randwick, where we scored a piece of the $7,000 quaddie
- Trial Spy made a 5.2 unit profit on Saturday, with Soldier of Love at Randwick paying $46 for the win!
🏇 Today’s action
- Melbourne Ratings & Trev’s Bets Sandown
- Queensland Winners Eagle Farm
- Gareth’s Winners Gosford, Wellington
- Key Bets Sandown, Eagle Farm
- Golf Insider BMW PGA Championship (Euro)
💓 Pulse by poll
It looks like there won’t be a single international runner in this year’s Caulfield Cup.
How do you feel about it as a punter?
— ChampionBets.com.au (@ChampionBetsAU) September 7, 2021