While they obviously have some things in common, the world’s biggest gamblers are a diverse bunch.
Our features on the world’s biggest gamblers cover not only some of racing and sport’s biggest-ever punters, but also those who found an edge in other forms of gambling, such as card and casino games.
On top of this, we have features on other very well-known figures who may not actually be among the world’s biggest gamblers in the traditional sense, but whose success in other fields demonstrates some of the virtues and qualities that are apparent in successful punters.
Read on and learn all about the world’s biggest gamblers… and what you can apply to your own punting!
How to bet on horse racing
- Backing multiple horses in one race: why?
- Best jockeys: When should you back them?
- Bookmaker deductions: how much will you pay?
- Dynamic Odds: The Must-Have For Serious Punters
- Each way betting: profitable or on the nose?
- Exotic Bets: Where Has The Value Gone?
- Does Field Size Affect Favourite Performance?
- When should you allow a horse a forgive run?
- Your guide to the Going Stick
- Horse racing tips: think like an investor
- Market movers': Don't follow smart money with dumb money
- What drives market percentages?
- Odds-on favourites: how should you handle them?
- Professional race ratings: What you get & how to use it
- Race replays: Gone in 60 seconds?
- What is a saver bet and when should you use them?
- Scratchings: How to reset your market
- Sectional Times: Another Piece Of The Form Puzzle
- Short-priced favourites can be great value
- Speed maps: everything you need to know
- Betting in winter: handling heavy track conditions
- Form analysis: how important is weight?
- Wet tracks: can you be a winner?
- Winning on the horses: there is no holy grail
The Betting Academy
Aussies love a bet. Many of us are introduced to betting at a young age, maybe getting a couple of dollars from mum or dad for a flutter on the Melbourne Cup.
For adults in Australia, betting is everywhere. It’s never been quicker or easier: just reach for your phone, and you have endless racing and sports betting options right there, from bookmakers all desperate for your dollars.
But we think there’s something missing.
Many of us spend a lot of time and money on the punt, over years and decades.
Yet there really is nothing in place that actually teaches people how betting really works.
How betting markets are framed, how form study really works, and how profitable punters actually manage to make money (first hint: it’s not through good luck).
Even in racing, an industry which survives on punters spending their money, there’s precious little available to help them out: to help them understand how it all works and what they need to do if they don’t wish to simply bleed cash.
So it’s time for some proper betting education, where you can learn to bet instead simply learning to lose. It’s The Betting Academy.