Making a profit from betting
Making a profit from betting: Is it possible?
In a word: Yes! Making a profit from betting can certainly be done. Professional punters do it and manage to support themselves. Other part-time punters also manage to carve out nice profits.
The question, of course, is how?
Many people think it’s just a matter of being able to pick a few winners. While that’s part of it, making a profit from betting takes more than that. You have to manage your bankroll, stake effectively, learn how to recognise value and much more. Luckily for us, we can pick up some pointers from some of the professionals. Read on!
Making a profit from betting
- The profitability equation: the path to betting profits
- Expected value: what the hell is EV?
- What is the favourite - longshot bias?
- Framing a market: The basis of value betting
- Have you got what it takes to be a professional punter?
- Profit on Turnover: Look Deeper
- 5 lessons on profitable punting
- Value betting: Missing winners is an important mindset
- Why punters lose: the #1 reason most can't make money
- Winning bets can be bad bets
- Winning on the punt: Chance and price
- The Betting Data Age: Don't Get Left Behind
- Punting's Data Age: The Art Of Data Analysis
- Gambling: It's not profit until it's in your pocket
- Five betting books every punter needs to read
- Multis: Why they're for mugs and why bookies love them
- The 7 Deadly Sins Of Punting
- Punting profits: EV? PoT? Overs?
- 6 punting tips: How winning punters do it
- The Sharpe ratio, and what it means for punters
- Variance and regression to the mean: How to handle it
- Sample size: how big does it need to be?
- Betting mentality: be aware of these cognitive biases
- Betting Psychology: Mastering The Punting Mentality
- How does an advanced betting syndicate work?
- Confirmation bias: don't con yourself
- Hindsight bias: don't be a hindsight hero
- Outcome bias: it's not all about the result
The Betting Academy
Aussies love a bet. Many of us are introduced to betting at a young age, maybe getting a couple of dollars from mum or dad for a flutter on the Melbourne Cup.
For adults in Australia, betting is everywhere. It’s never been quicker or easier: just reach for your phone, and you have endless racing and sports betting options right there, from bookmakers all desperate for your dollars.
But we think there’s something missing.
Many of us spend a lot of time and money on the punt, over years and decades.
Yet there really is nothing in place that actually teaches people how betting really works. How betting markets are framed, how form study really works, and how profitable punters actually manage to make money (first hint: it’s not through good luck).
Even in racing, an industry which survives on punters spending their money, there’s precious little available to help them out: to help them understand how it all works and what they need to do if they don’t wish to simply bleed cash.
So it’s time for some proper betting education, where you can learn to bet instead of simply learning to lose. It’s The Betting Academy.