Read on for NRL Round 5 early mail and betting leans for each game…
NRL Round 5: Knights vs Manly, Thursday night
Early prediction: Knights
The value: Knights, $1.80 at TopSport
- Ponga was woeful against the Sharks, so not clear if he is anywhere near 100%
- Manly without Tom T and the market has moved 8 points as a result, with Knights now favourites
- Points might be hard to come by here for Manly, so like the Knights at home
NRL Round 5: Warriors vs Cowboys, Friday night
Early prediction: Cowboys
The value: Cowboys, 2.03 at TopSport
- Warriors have won their last 2 games and Cowboys have lost past two
- But Fonua-Blake in serious doubt and Tevega out really hurts the Warriors pack
- Cowboys had three sin bins against the Roosters last week and are in decent form in my view
Broncos vs Roosters, Friday night
Early prediction: Roosters comfortably
The value: Total points over at TopSport
- Brisbane’s dream start has turned into car crash, with lots of injuries and dramas
- The Roosters played fantastic against the Cowboys and all big guns are now firing
- Broncos form sliding, while Roosters are on the up
NRL Round 5: Raiders vs Storm, Saturday afternoon
Early prediction: Storm in a thriller
The value: Raiders +13.5 at TopSport
- Raiders played very poorly against Manly last week, but have ability to bounce back
- Storm were great against Doggies, but this will be a step up in class
- Neutral venue gives Raiders some hope, they should have plenty of fans at Mudgee
Souths vs Dragons, Saturday afternoon
Early prediction: Souths
The value: Souths -9.5 at TopSport
- Souths have had a tough draw so far, playing Roosters, Storm and Panthers over past 3 weeks
- Dragons have also had a tough run having played Eels, Sharks and Panthers.
- Souths should be too good here, and I think they will cover the line.
Titans vs Eels, Saturday night
Early prediction: Eels, just
The value: Titans +7.5 at TopSport
- Despite their last start win, the Titans were very poor against the Tigers
- The Eels have been in stellar form and are deserved favourites here.
- Titans are at home and with some big inclusions, I’m not going to write them off here.
NRL Round 5: Sharks vs Tigers, Sunday afternoon
Early prediction: Sharks by 12
The value: Wests +17.5 at TopSport
- Sharks continue to improve and at home will be very hard to beat
- Wests were gallant in defence last week, but lacked the class to score any tries last week.
- With a lot of rain forecasted, the line looks a little long to me.
Bulldogs vs Panthers, Sunday night
Early prediction: : Panthers comfortably
The value: Total points unders at TopSport
- Flanagan gets a chance to partner Burton, and I think this is overdue move.
- If the Doggies can kick well and force the Panthers into a grind, they might put up a fight.
- Panthers look far too strong here and outside backs should be too classy.
Steve Green is back with NRL Tips in 2022. With all of Steve's best bets and full previews of every NRL game, it's the only way to bet the NRL. Join now to start beating the bookies!