Read on for NRL Round 8 early mail and betting leans for each game…
NRL Round 8: Broncos vs Sharks, Thursday night
Early prediction: Sharks
The value: Total points under 42 at TopSport
- Broncos finally got the win they deserved against the Doggies
- However, two of the Broncos’ three wins have been come-from-behind victories against the bottom team.
- The Sharks look a couple notches above the Broncos on current form and should win easily
NRL Round 8: Titans vs Panthers, Friday night
Early prediction: Panthers
The value: Total points over 43.5 at TopSport
- It is likely that Campbell will come in, but the Titans still look a shambles around the ruck
- Panthers crushing their opponents with unbelievable line speed in defence and patience in attack
- Home ground advantage will not mean much here, Panthers should be far too strong.
Souths vs Manly, Friday night
Early prediction: Souths
The value: Souths -4.5 at TopSport
- Both teams have injuries, but Manly look to have it worse due to continued losses in the middle
- Manly head into this one without Paseka, Aloiai, Olakau’atu and Davey
- With Tommy T still a week away, Souths should be too strong here
NRL Round 8: Warriors vs Raiders, Saturday afternoon
Early prediction: Warriors, just
The value: Draw at 80 minutes, $16 at TopSport
- The Raiders’ go-forward is pitiful in 2022 – they rank 16th.
- Luckily for the Raiders, the Warriors rank 15th and could be vulnerable after conceding 70 points to the Storm.
- Both in patchy form, could be a scrappy thriller.
Bulldogs vs Roosters, Saturday afternoon
Early prediction: Roosters
The value: Roosters -12.5 at TopSport
- Bulldogs feeling the pressure of 6 straight losses. Their coach does not have much time left.
- Roosters continue to lack the polish we have come to expect of them
- But some positive signs for the Roosters, the Bulldogs could be just what they need to find their attacking flair.
Eels vs Cowboys, Saturday night
Early prediction: Eels, just
The value: Cowboys +10.5 at TopSport
- The shift of Brown to the centres did nothing to slow down the Eels, who were very slick
- Hard to know if it was just the Knights playing poorly, however
- The Cowboys are fit, strong, well-drilled and well-organised… will be a hard to beat in the Darwin heat.
NRL Round 8: Knights vs Storm, Sunday afternoon
Early prediction: Storm
The value: Knights +19.5 at TopSport
- Knights injury toll continues to mount with Gagai joining the casualty ward
- Knights form has fallen off a cliff – the signing circus surrounding Ponga could be a factor.
- With the Storm playing amazing footy, it’s hard to see how the Knights can put up a fight.
Dragons vs Wests, Sunday afternoon
Early prediction: Dragons
The value: Total points under 38.5 at TopSport
- These two beat the Roosters and Souths respectively, so they deserve our respect for their grit and fight.
- The Dragons have already lost Su’a and will likely be without Bird, two big outs.
- Wests will be without the classy Laurie at the back, so I think both teams will struggle to maintain their cohesion.
Steve Green is back with NRL Tips in 2022. With all of Steve's best bets and full previews of every NRL game, it's the only way to bet the NRL. Join now to start beating the bookies!