Best bets from industry veteran Gareth Phillips
- From Gareth Phillips, one of Australia's most experienced form analysts.
- Best bets across NSW and Queensland.
In 2021 Gareth made some some adjustments to the Gareth’s Winners service – a new streamlined strategy that’s all about the best bets, rather than producing a wide range of rated markets.
- First thing each morning, members receive the details of potential bets for the day. Gareth details the horses across Australia that have been identified by his database, and gives some runner comments on each.
- As races of interest draw closer throughout the day, Gareth advises official bets along with recommended stakes for each
- Gareth can and does bet almost anywhere. His database can identify runners for him right across the country, so that’s where he’ll direct his energies in further form study. While traditionally focused on New South Wales and South-East Queensland, Gareth’s database is enabling him to also find value elsewhere, particularly Victoria.
- Gareth does the form and bets 5 or 6 days per week. You can expect around 20-25 of his best value bets per week in total.
- All bets include the stake, price or dividend type to take, and a short commentary on the horse’s chances.
- Bet EXACTLY like a pro… without doing the work: Gareth has been in racing and betting for his entire working life. If you want to see how true pro does it, he’s your man.
- Incredibly simple: It couldn’t be easier. Gareth sends every recommended bet, along with the stake, straight to your mobile and email. He bets almost exclusively at Best of the Best, so there’s no trying to match fixed prices. Just take a few seconds to place your bet, and enjoy!
- Highly rated analyst: See below for industry testimonials on Gareth… he comes with a formidable reputation, gained from decades as a form analyst.
- Heaps of action: Gareth is a full-time pro punter. And we mean ‘full time’. He bets 5-6 days per week, right across NSW and Queensland. Metros, provincials, countries – he does the lot. His knowledge of all the tracks, jockeys, trainers and horses is incredible… as his is work ethic!
FORM ANALYST AND PROFESSIONAL PUNTER
Gareth Phillips is one of Australia’s most experienced form analysts and punters. Starting with Mark Read straight out of high school, Gareth spent decades as a form analyst with professional betting syndicates before ‘jumping the fence’ and learning the other side from inside Australia’s biggest bookmakers.
Gareth’s done it all in a lifetime at the sharp end of the betting industry. You can hear his all the details of his fascinating career story – as well as some form tips – right here:
Gareth’s betting approach centres around his personal form database, which he’s built and refined over many years in the industry.
Using his database and experienced gained over decades in the industry, Gareth has studied form and framed markets for some of the country’s biggest betting syndicates and bookmakers, where his markets were often the first to be published publicly in Australia.
What Others Say
A former senior manager of Gareth’s, from his time in the bookmaking industry:
“During my 13 years with the combined businesses I hired and fired about 20 analysts. Not only did Gareth outperform all of them in terms of results, but he also demonstrated a work ethic that was second to none.”
… and another:
“Gareth was responsible for trading and providing prices for horse racing including some of the most iconic races in Australia. The position required excellent analytical skills as well as the ability to liaise between different departments. Success was dependent on strong attention to detail and efficient work processes. These are all characteristics which defined Gareth.”
Aaron Barby, highly successful former Champion Bets analyst:
“I’ve known Gareth for years and have worked alongside him at times. He’s a ripper bloke and a ripper judge. His years of bookmaker experience means he knows the game from the inside out. Framing markets is second nature to him, having done it for so long. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone with more passion and knowledge of the great game. He finds value, and he finds winners.”
When & Where
All betting updates are sent out on raceday once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet limits are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app.
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.