Cameron O’Brien’s Key Bets from Victoria and WA
- All of Cameron O'Brien's best bets in one package.
- Covering Victoria, WA and other big races.
- Simple to follow: bet - forget - collect
- Please note Cameron is taking a week's leave from Sunday, Jan 23. All memberships can be paused or substituted for the week.
Cameron O’Brien’s Key Bets
Bred to be a champion, Cameron O’Brien has been producing weight ratings since the age of 15. Firstly, learning the Don Scott method and then continually refining his own approach to doing the form over time. Cameron trained as a form analyst under legendary bookmaker Mark Read and has now been a professional punter for more than 10 years.
Cameron’s betting approach is centred around his proprietary form database, which he has developed himself over many years by seeking the most accurate and reliable data across all form factors.
This database covers all Australian racing and produces a proprietary rating figure for each performance, which Cam uses as a basis for pricing upcoming runners and zeroing in on value bets.
Victorian racing is arguably Australia’s premier racing market, with high-quality racing every weekend culminating in the major carnivals in Autumn and Spring.
Western Australian racing is an interesting part of the national racing scene… the isolation from the rest of country means a relatively small and consistent group of horses, jockeys and trainers compete every week – on the same few tracks, which are typically dry and consistent. This makes for a form student’s paradise due to common formlines and well-established patterns.
How we bet
Cameron focuses strictly on Win betting, and has built a proprietary form database which covers all Australian thoroughbred racing.
Cam’s form work is national, but his preferred hunting grounds for betting are his home state of Victoria, and Western Australia. In addition, he also looks to other states for targeted betting opportunities, particularly during major carnivals.
In a typical week, Cameron will be looking for opportunities at all Victorian and WA meetings, and ultimately advises around 20 bets across 4 – 5 days.
What You Get with Key Bets
- Recommended bets for each race meeting, including selection, stake, dividend type and price to take. Approximately 20 bets per week.
- Commentary for each bet, detailing why we’re backing the horse and what we expect.
- Full access to Cameron – a lifetime professional punter – via email to ask any questions
- Weekly reviews to members detailing betting performance
When & Where
- All bets are sent out on raceday once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet limits are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app.
What You Need
In addition to your Key Bets membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, TopSport and Betfair accounts are recommended for Key Bets
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
Cameron O’Brien has been producing weight ratings since the age of 15, learning the Don Scott method and then continually refining his own approach to doing the form over time. Cameron trained as a form analyst under legendary bookmaker Mark Read and has now been a professional punter for more than 10 years. He focuses on standout selections in VIC, QLD and WA racing.
Key Bets will include racing 5-7 days of the week with bets coming from Vic, QLD and WA.
Results will be recorded at the 3rd best fixed price available at time of release or Best of the Best (available with Ladbrokes, Neds, Topsport, Vicbet, PlayUp and Sports Betting), depending on what is recommended by Cameron.
WHEN & WHERE
An update will be sent directly to your email about 11am (VIC and QLD bets) and 1pm (WA bets) AEST for each raceday, detailing the recommended bets for the day.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store, or via this link for Android) to get push notifications for all updates.
Each bet advised will include a recommended stake in units. 1u = 1% of your betting bank, so simply divide the amount of money you have set aside for punting by 100. Eg. if your bank is $10,000 then 1 unit = $100.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds, it’s best to have a number of accounts to ensure you’re getting the best price. If you’re looking to join a bookie make sure you use this page to get a bonus.
WHEN TO BET
It’s generally advisable to bet as soon as possible upon receiving the bets. Again, we recommend getting the app to ensure you get the alerts.
You should look to compare odds before placing a bet.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.