Bred to be a champion, Cameron O’Brien has been producing weight ratings since the age of 15: first learning the Don Scott method and then continually refining his own approach to doing the form over time. Cameron trained as a form analyst under legendary bookmaker Mark Read and has now been a professional punter for more than 10 years.Let's get started
Key Race Insights showcases pro punter Cameron O’Brien’s approach to form study. Cameron has developed his proprietary ratings database over many years by seeking the most accurate and reliable information across all form factors.
His database covers all Australian racing and produces a custom rating figure for each performance, which Cam uses as a basis for pricing upcoming runners and zeroing in on value bets.
Cameron has found many feature race winners during his time with Champion Bets, including the last three Melbourne Cup winners: Vow And Declare ($11), Cross Counter ($9) and Rekindling ($17).
Key Race Insights is designed to cover the biggest races across Australia each week: all the majors, features and key Group 1, Group 2 and Group 3 races.
These are the main events that attract the most money and present an attractive proposition for informed punters: horses with exposed form and large betting pools with plenty of uninformed money from casual punters.
For each race you get the full suite of form analysis:
- Ratings: Cameron’s rated price for each runner
- Runner comments: Cameron analyses the best winning chances and tells you why they can win.
- Speed Maps: See where each runner should settle and use this information to your advantage
- Race history: Learn about previous winners of the race and if there any patterns to look for when assessing this year’s running.
- Best betting angles: Cameron’s view on the early value in the market compared to his rated price.
- Runner comments: professional commentary on key runners and their chances
- Full access to Cameron – a lifetime professional punter – via email to ask any questions
- All Insights are sent out around midday the day before the meeting.
- Where there’s been a major change (scratchings, etc) after the KRI is released, Cameron will send an update on race morning.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app.
Season 1 of Key Race Insights covers 63 Group and feature races, running until March 31st.
Click here for a full schedule of the races.
In addition to your Key Race Insights membership, you’ll need a simple understanding of the basics of value betting, bankroll management, staking and rated markets, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
If you’re betting using Key Race Insights, we recommend:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access this to as many bookies as possible – top recommendations include BetEasy, VicBet and TopSport.
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.