Premium Melbourne racing tips and ratings from professional punter Trevor Lawson
- The full package from longtime professional punter Trevor Lawson: rated markets, recommended bets, speed maps and access to live chat with the man himself.
Trevor Lawson is a full-time professional punter who has been betting on Victorian racing for over 15 years. A former professional golfer, Trevor initially took up betting as a way to supplement his income, before moving into it full-time in the early 2000s. Since then, Trevor has survived and thrived in one of Australia’s most competitive betting markets. He continues to operate as a winning professional punter as well as provide profitable Melbourne racing tips to Champion Bets members.
Trevor’s form approach is centred around his proprietary ratings database. The database has been built over time by meticulously reviewing every race and jump-out run in Victoria. This has given Trevor an intimate knowledge of the population of horses running in Victoria.
Trevor also receives accurate sectional and race time data from a third-party provider. This ensures a level of accuracy beyond what is available from official times. Trevor also prepares speed maps for every race he’s betting into, which are used by a number of industry professionals. Finally, Trevor is one of very few professional punters who takes the time to walk the track prior to each meeting he’s betting into.
This gives him a direct read on how the track is set to play, and which positions in the run will be most advantaged.
How we bet
What You Get
Trevor’s service provides much more than just Melbourne racing tips. For a truly comprehensive betting package, members receive:
- Full rated markets for every Melbourne metro meeting, featuring expected position in running for each horse, Trevor’s market percentage and rated price, and a recommended stake for betting
- A summary for each race detailing main chances, expected race pattern and betting plays
- An interactive ratings spreadsheet with all information to track your betting throughout the day.
- For every bet Trevor recommends throughout the day, he sends a separate message to punters detailing exactly who he’s backing and the stake.
- Speed maps for each race
- Access to Trevor’s online live page which operates throughout each meeting. Here, you can chat with Trevor in real time about anything to do with the races or his betting. This is permanent access to a full-time professional punter that simply isn’t available anywhere else. Ask him whatever you like, whenever you like.
- Access to Trev’s Bets, Trevor’s early morning Melbourne racing tips – for punters who just want to bet and forget, then go about their day.
When & Where
- All ratings sent out on raceday, once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play. This ensures everybody can get a bet on.
- Further updates are sent throughout the day when Trevor is betting.
- All updates delivered direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app. They can also be accessed via the members section on the website.
What You Need
In addition to your Melbourne Ratings membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for Melbourne Ratings.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management. You can get that here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s most trusted and transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions. Our expert panel includes betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
Questions regarding Melbourne racing tips, or anything else? We have a local customer service team who can answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
These ratings are produced by Trevor Lawson, a professional punter with a highly successful record on Victorian racing over the past 15 years.
Ratings and speed maps are prepared for all Melbourne metro meetings.
WHEN & WHERE
The ratings have two key elements:
1. Trev’s Bets
Trevor will send a list of his best early bets directly to your email, right on 10.30am on the day of the meeting (or 3.30pm for night meetings).
2. Ratings and speed maps
We will send the ratings sheet and speed maps directly to your e-mail around 10am AEDT on the day of each Melbourne metro meeting (or around 2pm for night meetings).
You will also receive Trevor’s own completed results sheet the day after the meeting which will show how Trevor used the ratings, and the actual bets he placed himself.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store, or via this link for Android) to get push notifications.
Trev’s Bets will include a recommended stake in units.
On the ratings sheets, we bet to collect 5 units at the rated price (1 unit = 1% of your bank). You can enter your betting bank into the 3rd tab of the Excel spreadsheet and it will turn the units into dollars as per your own bank.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds, it’s best to have a number of accounts to ensure you’re getting the best price.
WHEN TO BET
For Trev’s Bets, Bets advised with a “take down to” price are already an overlay on the market, so can be bet at any time down to the nominated price. Betfair / Top Fluc / Top Tote can also be an option here.
Those with a “take better than” price are generally an underlay on the market, so should be monitored and only bet when the nominated price is available.
* Non-betting races are typically those with lots of first-starters. This makes the race too unpredictable, meaning it is much harder to correctly rate each horse.
* On occasion you may need to make some market adjustments to the ratings based on late scratchings.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.