All NSW metro and provincial racing with pro punter Mark Rhoden
After a career spanning 17 years with bookmakers, where he finished up as Head of Trading (NSW Racing) with Sportsbet, Mark turned his talents to full-time professional punting.
Focusing purely on his area of expertise – NSW metro and provincial racing – Mark uses his in-depth knowledge of horses, trainers, jockeys and tracks to produce profitable ratings and bets.
- Mark’s value selections for all NSW metro and provincial race meetings (typically 3 – 4 meetings per week), sent at set times every race day – allowing you to be ready to bet.
- Each bet includes selection, recommended stake and betting advice (fixed price or other option)
- Full rated markets for every Sydney metro meeting including Mark’s market percentage and rated price, a recommended stake for betting and runner comments. This information is delivered on an interactive ratings spreadsheet with all information to track your betting throughout the day.
- Suggested quaddie numbers for all Sydney metro meetings.
- All bets are sent out on raceday once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- Bet are sent at set times every race day, allowing you to be ready to bet.
- Ratings sheets sent on race morning
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
Mark’s form approach is centred around his proprietary ratings database, which is maintained and used by only himself and one other professional punter. This gives Mark accurate ratings based on absolute accuracy of traditional form factors such as weight, time and speed.Mark has only been betting for himself since 2017, but in truth he’s been at it a lot longer than that… just on the other side of the fence! Mark’s time with corporate bookmakers – where he worked as a form analyst and trader – was focused heavily on NSW racing, meaning he has literally decades of experience in NSW racing betting markets.This experience gives Mark an incredibly thorough knowledge of NSW’s horses, trainers, jockeys and tracks which, along with his database, allows him to assign ratings with accuracy.
What You Need
In addition to your NSW Winners membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bankAccess to as many bookies as possible, especially TopSport, BetEasy and Betfair
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
These ratings are produced by Mark Rhoden, a professional punter with a highly successful record on NSW Racing racing over the past 20 years.
Recommended bets, Ratings and tempo comments are prepared for all Sydney metro meetings as well as recommended bets for major Provincial tracks.
WHEN & WHERE
The NSW Winners membership generally operates around 4 days per week and has two key elements:
- Metro meetings – Ratings, Recommended Bets and speed Comments – sent directly to the Champion Bets App on your phone and via e-mail between 9am and 1030am AEDT on the day of each Sydney metro meeting (or around 2pm for night meetings).
- Provincial meetings – Mark will send a list of his recommended bets directly to the App on your phone and by email, after 9am on the day of the meeting.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store, or via this link for Android) to get push notifications for all updates.
HOW TO USE
Each of Mark’s bets will include the race, number and runner, a recommended stake and recommended bet type. For example:
Rosehill R2 #2 Gresham – 1.7w $2.7
This would be at Rosehill in Race 2 on Number 2 called Gresham. Bet 1.7 units now at $2.70 fixed.
Rosehill R3 #8 Brabinger – 1.2w BOB
This would be at Rosehill in Race 3 on Number 8 called Brabinger. Bet 1.2 units at Best of the Best (the best of 3 totes, Starting Price, Top Fluc) which is available at Ladbrokes, Neds and TopSport.
You will get a PDF Ratings sheet for each metro meeting. Each Ratings sheet shows the relevant information for each horse (Name, Number, Jockey, Weight, Previous Form, Trainer, Map) along with Mark’s rated price, which is framed to a 100% market. That means the available odds for most horses will be under Mark’s rated price, since the market percentage is anywhere from 110 to 130%.
It’s possible to back all the overlays (when the prices available from bookies are above Mark’s rated price for that horse), but it is worth noting Mark’s recommended betting strategy in the comments for each race. That is the way he wants to play that race, and he typically wants good value to get involved. He has a far more selective approach than just blindly backing all overlays.
Of course you can also use the prices and speed comments to develop your own method that suits your individual punting style. These are rated prices that will beat the market, so how you use the information is up to you.
Each bet advised will include a recommended stake in units. 1u = 1% of your betting bank, so simply divide the amount of money you have set aside for punting by 100. Eg. if your bank is $10,000 then 1 unit = $100.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds, it’s best to have a number of accounts to ensure you’re getting the best price. All Australian bookies offer markets on all every race that Mark bets into.
WHEN TO BET
Mark offers clear betting instructions. For the bets where taking Fixed odds is suggested, it’s likely that these runners could shorten in the market so it’s best to take that available price. You may find some additional value in watching the markets during the morning but this membership allows you to bet and forget – you can place your bets as soon as they are released.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.