South-East Queensland racing tips with an industry professional
- Best bets by Queensland racing expert and industry professional The Professor
- Covering all South-East Queensland meetings including Doomben, Eagle Farm, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.
- Typically betting 3-4 days per week
- Exceptional results: over 18% PoT since launch
The Professor holds a senior position within the racing industry, so we’re not able to disclose his full identity. A long-time student of the form (among other things), The Professor is a very successful punter with a long winning track record. Like many of our racing analysts, he specialises in one state – or more precisely, a portion of one state! Within the vast state of Queensland.
The Professor focuses on the south-east, covering Eagle Farm, Doomben, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Ipswich, Gatton, Dalby, Kilcoy and Warwick – so members get full coverage of the vibrant Brisbane racing scene, as well as plenty of other quality racing.
- The Professor’s value selections for all south-east Queensland race meetings (typically 3 – 4 meetings per week), sent at set times every race day – allowing you to be ready to bet.
- Each bet includes selection, recommended stake and betting advice (fixed price or other option)
- Full rated markets for every Saturday Brisbane metro meeting, featuring rated prices for all runners and race commentary.
- Weekly reviews for members detailing betting performance
- All bets are sent out on raceday once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- Bet are sent at set times every race day, allowing you to be ready to bet.
- Saturday ratings sheets sent on race morning
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
With his mathematical background serving as an advantage, The Professor’s form process starts with him producing a stats-based rating, which forms the basis of his rated prices.These ratings are then tweaked using factors that aren’t already “baked in” to the numbers, with the speed map a key ingredient.A keen video watcher, The Professor also pays close attention to the advantages and disadvantages that horses experience due to differing track biases across the region’s varied racecourses.
If Victoria and New South Wales are constantly vying to be the centre of Australian racing, then Queensland is a clear number three.Is that a bad thing? Definitely not for punters. Less turnover means the Queensland markets get less attention from bookmakers, leaving value gaps for us to exploit.And that’s certainly not to say Queensland doesn’t have its fair share of high quality racing, with the Brisbane Winter Carnival and the Gold Coast Magic Millions the annual highlights.
How we bet
What You Need
In addition to your Qld Winners membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, BetEasy, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for Qld Winners.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
The Professor is our expert Queensland racing analyst. He’s an industry professional with a long-term track record of winning and like most of our team he specialises in one state. Learn more about his background and betting approach in this Q&A.
Best bets at the following tracks – Doomben, Eagle Farm, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Ipswich, Gatton, Dalby and Kilcoy.
WHEN & WHERE
Updates at 9am on raceday with the best bets. You will also get a full set of rated prices and runner comments each Saturday. You should also download our app to get push notifications for all updates.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store or Play store) to get push notifications for all updates.
Recorded at the 3rd best fixed odds available at time of release.
HOW TO USE
Each bet will include the recommended stake to outlay.
1 unit = 1% of your betting bank, so simply divide the amount of money you have set aside for punting by 100. Eg. if your bank is $10,000 then 1 unit = $100.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds, it’s best to have a number of accounts to ensure you’re getting the best price. Make sure you use this page for the best odds and bonuses.
WHEN TO BET
It’s strongly recommended that you place your bets as soon as you get the update, which is another reason why the app is essential.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.