Premium service from professional punter Trevor Lawson
- The full package from longtime professional punter Trevor Lawson: rated markets, recommended bets, speed maps and access to live chat with the man himself.
- Covers all Melbourne metro meetings: Friday nights, Wednesdays, Saturdays and Carnival meetings
- 280+ units profit @ 9% PoT over more than 4,000 bets since May 2016
Trevor Lawson is a full-time professional punter who has been betting on Victorian racing for over 15 years. A former professional golfer, Trevor initially took up betting as a way to supplement his income, before moving into it full-time in the early 2000s. Since then, Trevor has survived and thrived in one of Australia’s most competitive betting markets, and continues to operate as a winning professional punter.
Trevor’s form approach is centred around his proprietary ratings database, which he has built over time by meticulously reviewing every race and jump-out run in Victoria (as well as metro meetings in Sydney and Adelaide). This has given Trevor an intimate knowledge of the population of horses running in Victoria as well as a tremendously detailed and accurate database centred around traditional form factors such as weight, time and speed.
In addition to his race reviews, Trevor receives accurate sectional and race time data from a third-party provider which ensures a level of accuracy beyond what is available from official times.Trevor also prepares speed maps for every race he’s betting into, which are used by a number of industry professionals as well as punters.Finally, Trevor is one of very few professional punters who takes the time to walk the track prior to each meeting he’s betting into.
This gives him an advanced knowledge of just how the track is set to play, and which positions in the run will receive the most advantage.
How we bet
What You Get
- Full rated markets for every Melbourne metro meeting, featuring expected position in running for each horse, Trevor’s market percentage and rated price, and a recommended stake for betting
- A summary for each race detailing main chances, expected race pattern and betting plays
- An interactive ratings spreadsheet with all information to track your betting throughout the day.
- For every bet Trevor recommends throughout the day, he sends a separate message to punters detailing exactly who he’s backing and the stake.
- Speed maps for each race
- Access to Trevor’s online live page which operates throughout each meeting. Here, you can chat with Trevor in real time about anything to do with the races or his betting. This is permanent access to a full-time professional punter that is simple not available anywhere else – ask him whatever you like, whenever you like.
- Access to Trev’s Bets, Trevor’s early morning selections for punters who just want to bet and forget, then go about their day.
When & Where
- All ratings sent out on raceday morning once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- Further updates are sent throughout the day when Trevor is betting.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
What You Need
In addition to your Melbourne Ratings membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for Melbourne Ratings.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
These ratings are produced by Trevor Lawson, a professional punter with a highly successful record on Victorian racing over the past 15 years.
Ratings and speed maps are prepared for all Melbourne metro meetings.
WHEN & WHERE
The ratings have two key elements:
1. Trev’s Bets
Trevor will send a list of his best early bets directly to your email, right on 9.15am on the day of the meeting (or 2.15pm for night meetings) – Victorian minimum bet limits kick in at 9am (2pm for night meetings).
2. Ratings and speed maps
We will send the ratings sheet and speed maps directly to your e-mail around 10am AEDT on the day of each Melbourne metro meeting (or around 2pm for night meetings).
You will also receive Trevor’s own completed results sheet the day after the meeting which will show how Trevor used the ratings, and the actual bets he placed himself.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store, or via this link for Android) to get push notifications.
Trev’s Bets will include a recommended stake in units.
On the ratings sheets, we bet to collect 5 units at the rated price (1 unit = 1% of your bank). You can enter your betting bank into the 3rd tab of the Excel spreadsheet and it will turn the units into dollars as per your own bank.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds, it’s best to have a number of accounts to ensure you’re getting the best price.
WHEN TO BET
For Trev’s Bets, Bets advised with a “take down to” price are already an overlay on the market, so can be bet at any time down to the nominated price. Betfair / Top Fluc / Top Tote can also be an option here.
Those with a “take better than” price are generally an underlay on the market, so should be monitored and only bet when the nominated price is available.
* Non-betting races are typically those with lots of first-starters. This makes the race too unpredictable, meaning it is much harder to correctly rate each horse.
* On occasion you may need to make some market adjustments to the ratings based on late scratchings.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.