Trevor Lawson is a full-time professional punter who has been betting on Victorian racing for over 15 years. A former professional golfer, Trevor initially took up betting as a way to supplement his income, before moving into it full-time in the early 2000s. Since then, Trevor has survived and thrived in one of Australia’s most competitive betting markets, and continues to operate as a winning professional punter.Let's get started
Trevor’s form approach is centred around his proprietary ratings database, which he has built over time by meticulously reviewing every race and jump-out run in Victoria (as well as metro meetings in Sydney and Adelaide). This has given Trevor an intimate knowledge of the population of horses running in Victoria as well as a tremendously detailed and accurate database centred around traditional form factors such as weight, time and speed. In addition to his race reviews, Trevor receives accurate sectional and race time data from a third-party provider which ensures a level of accuracy beyond what is available from official times.
Trevor also prepares speed maps for every race he’s betting into, which are used by a number of industry professionals as well as punters.
Finally, Trevor is one of very few professional punters who takes the time to walk the track prior to each meeting he’s betting into. This gives him an advanced knowledge of just how the track is set to play, and which positions in the run will receive the most advantage.
Victorian racing is arguably Australia’s premier racing market, with high-quality racing every weekend culminating in the major carnivals in Autumn and Spring.
Trevor focuses on Melbourne metro due to the quality of the racing, the generally exposed form of the horses, and the depth of the markets.
Trevor focuses strictly on Win betting, and does the form for every metropolitan meeting in Victoria: Friday nights, Wednesdays, Saturdays and carnival meetings.
This covers every meeting at Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley and Sandown, as well as any designated metro class meetings at other tracks.
- Full rated markets for every Melbourne metro meeting, featuring expected position in running for each horse, Trevor’s market percentage and rated price, and a recommended stake for betting
- A summary for each race detailing main chances, expected race pattern and betting plays
- An interactive ratings spreadsheet with all information to track your betting throughout the day.
- For every bet Trevor recommends throughout the day, he sends a separate message to punters detailing exactly who he’s backing and the stake.
- Speed maps for each race
- Access to Trevor’s online live page which operates throughout each meeting. Here, you can chat with Trevor in real time about anything to do with the races or his betting. This is permanent access to a full-time professional punter that is simple not available anywhere else – ask him whatever you like, whenever you like.
- Access to Trev’s Bets, Trevor’s early morning selections for punters who just want to bet and forget, then go about their day.
- All ratings sent out on raceday morning once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- Further updates are sent throughout the day when Trevor is betting.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
As with all Champion Bets packages, the results for Melbourne Ratings are consistently updated, fully transparent and available publicly. Click here to view our results page.
In addition to your Melbourne Ratings membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for Melbourne Ratings.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.