Best Bets & Quaddie Tips For Melbourne Racing
- Best bets from 17 year pro punter Trevor Lawson
- Covering all Melbourne metro meetings
- Includes Quaddie Tips
Trevor Lawson is a full-time professional punter who has been betting on Victorian racing for over 15 years. A former professional golfer, Trevor initially took up betting as a way to supplement his income, before moving into it full-time in the early 2000s. Since then, Trevor has survived and thrived in one of Australia’s most competitive betting markets, and continues to operate as a winning professional punter.
- Best bets from 17 year pro punter Trevor Lawson
- Best Bets and recommended stake for every metro meeting
- Quaddie numbers for every meeting
- Weekly reviews to members detailing betting performance
- All tips sent out on raceday morning at 9:15am local time
- Delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
Trevor’s form approach is centred around his proprietary ratings database, which he has built over time by meticulously reviewing every race and jump-out run in Victoria (as well as metro meetings in Sydney and Adelaide). This has given Trevor an intimate knowledge of the population of horses running in Victoria as well as a tremendously detailed and accurate database centred around traditional form factors such as weight, time and speed.
In addition to his race reviews, Trevor receives accurate sectional and race time data from a third-party provider which ensures a level of accuracy beyond what is available from official times.Trevor also prepares speed maps for every race he’s betting into, which are used by a number of industry professionals as well as punters.Finally, Trevor is one of very few professional punters who takes the time to walk the track prior to each meeting he’s betting into.
This gives him an advanced knowledge of just how the track is set to play, and which positions in the run will receive the most advantage.
How we bet
What You Get
- Trevor’s best early selections for all metro meetings
- Recommended stake or all bets
- Recommended price to take
Just bet and enjoy!
When & Where
- All bets sent out on raceday morning once scratchings are finalised and minimum bet laws are in play, to ensure everybody can get a bet on.
- Further updates are sent throughout the day when Trevor is betting.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
What You Need
In addition to your Trev’s Bets membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for Trev’s Bets.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Why Champion Bets?
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.
These bets are produced by Trevor Lawson, a professional punter with a highly successful record on Victorian racing over the past 15 years.
The package covers all meetings at metro Melbourne tracks:
- Moonee Valley
As well as any meetings classified as ‘metro’ at other Victorian tracks.
For clarity, all Victorian meetings are shown at this calendar and any meeting marked in blue is a metro meeting:
WHEN & WHERE
Trevor will send a list of bets right on 9.15am on the day of the meeting – Victorian minimum price rules kick in at 9am.
To get the most value out of these bets, you should be logged in to your betting accounts and ready to go at 9.15am.
You should also download our app (directly from the App store, or via this link for Android) to get push notifications for all updates.
Each bet advised will include a recommended stake in units. 1u = 1% of your betting bank, so simply divide the amount of money you have set aside for punting by 100. Eg. if your bank is $10,000 then 1 unit = $100.
WHO TO BET WITH
To get the best available odds on Early Bets, it’s best to have a number of accounts and use an Odds Comparison site like Dynamic Odds so you can see all the tote, bookmaker and Betfair odds on one screen. The Victorian minimum bet laws ensure bookmakers must take all fixed odds bets to lose $2000 from 9am on the day of the meeting.
For example, at odds of $2 they have to take a bet of $1000.
WHEN TO BET
Bets advised with a “take down to” price are already an overlay on the market, so can be bet at any time down to the nominated price. Betfair / Top Fluc / Top Tote can also be an option here.
Those with a “take better than” price are generally an underlay on the market, so should be monitored and only bet when the nominated price is available.
We’re located in Melbourne so please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions 9am-5pm AEST Monday to Saturday.
Questions? Our customer service team is available by phone or email – get in touch for a chat.