Mark Van Triet
Longtime racing industry expert
Mark Van Triet has spent his career in racing. Following stints with Racing Australia and Lee Freedman Racing, Mark has spent over a decade as the jockey manager for some of Australia’s top riders including Damien Oliver, Brenton Avdulla, Glyn Schofield and Chad Schofield.
As a jockey manager, Mark’s form analysis has to be razor-sharp to ensure his riders are on the best chances – and then take full advantage of those opportunities.
Punting-wise, Mark focuses on the other side of the country. By concentrating his betting efforts on the relatively isolated WA racing scene, Mark has developed an in-depth knowledge of the tracks and horse population in the west.Let's get started
Drawing on his decades of experience in the racing industry, Mark uses his knowledge of horse ability, jockey ability and racing patterns to accurately review each WA race meeting and produce an accurate prediction of the likely speed and runner performance in upcoming races.
The WA thoroughbred scene is somewhat unique in Australia racing. Horses, trainers and riders are fairly mobile on the east coast and South Australia, moving between the states freely to compete. Geography means this isn’t the case in Western Australia, which results in the same local horses and participants competing each week.
This is fantastic for form analysts, as the exposed form includes a consistent group of horses, jockeys, trainers and tracks, making the puzzle easier to solve.
Add a stable and mild climate which results in consistent track conditions, and you have a recipe for profitable punting.
Mark focuses strictly on Win betting, and does the form for every race meeting in Western Australia – metro, provincial and country.
This typically includes two metropolitan meetings per week (Wednesday and Saturday), country meetings on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as 1 – 2 provincial meetings per week.
- Full rated markets for every Perth metro meeting (Ascot & Belmont), featuring Mark’s market percentage and rated price for each horse, and a recommended stake for betting.
- Mark’s best bets for all WA meetings – metro, provincial and country – featuring horse to back, stake and price option to take.
- All bets ratings sent out on raceday once scratchings are finalised: 9am – 10am WA time, or around midday AEST.
- All updates delivered in the members section on the website, direct to your email, and straight to your smartphone via our app
As with all Champion Bets packages, the results for WA Winners are consistency updated, fully transparent and available publicly. Click here to view our results page.
In addition to your WA Winners membership, you’ll need:
- A 100 unit betting bank
- Access to as many betting accounts as possible to ensure you’re always getting the best price. As a minimum, Bet365, Sportsbet, Ladbrokes and Betfair accounts are recommended for WA Winners.
- For price comparison and immediate betting, Dynamic Odds is highly recommended
- A simple understanding of the basics of value betting and bankroll management, which you can get here at our Betting Academy.
- A positive attitude and a desire to win!
Founded in 2006, Champion Bets is Australia’s favourite, most trusted and most transparent provider of betting tips and advice. We give you direct access to selections and advice from true betting champions: some of the sharpest betting analysts and professional punters from across Australia and the world.
We have a local customer service team, located in Melbourne, who are on hand to answer your questions via phone or email. Contact us now.