The Spring sun was certainly shining on our analysts with a successful weekend across the board.
At The Track
- Wow Factor ($4) got things off to a perfect start at Ipswich on Friday
- Divine Dice ($5.50) won at $3.70 as members got nice overs at Sunshine Coast
- Isn’t She Elegant ($3) won a thriller at Toowoomba in Sunday’s only play
A very strong start to our newest membership with $725 profit already.
- With A Bit Of Dash ($3.40) was enough for a winning day in the opening race at Morphettville
- Any Given Glass ($7) saw off Action In Rio ($10, 3rd) at Penola in a great result for members
A big boost to the kitty with $600 profit across the two days.
The Trial Spy‘s run from the start of winter continued, with profits in that time soaring past $11,000 on the weekend:
- Farranfore ($11) was a strong winner at Kembla Grange on Saturday
- Bayou ($3.20) shortened late and was never challenged in South Australia
- The Autumn Sun ($4.60) took out the Group 1 Golden Rose
- Tessa Burrito ($3.20 place) also ran a strong 2nd at Scone on Friday
The Autumn Sun flashed home and was particularly impressive, pipping Futures Bet Zousain ($9) with the post looming. Nonetheless, a very healthy $650 profit for the weekend.
- Thinkin’ Big ($7) ran strongly in Race 3 at Rosehill
- The Lord Mayor ($7) was impressive in the last on the card at the same venue
It was a small outlay day but nonetheless a winning one with $235 profit.
- Tulip ($5) got things rolling for Ratings members
- Mystic Journey ($19) saved the day in Race 6
- Night’s Watch ($2.70) came with a thunderous run to snatch victory near the post to salute for both sets of members
A small losing day for Trev’s Bets and a small winning day for Melbourne Ratings. It’s a big week ahead with 3 meetings and the return of Moonee Valley night racing.
Those who read our Friday Quaddie posts will know that Trevor also managed to get his Quaddie up this week… paying $5,000!
- Crab Boy ($3.30) kicked things off at Ipswich on Friday
- Night’s Watch ($2.70) made a third set of members happy at Caulfield on Saturday
- Mauldens Mill ($9) was an impressive winner at Kalgoorlie on Sunday
$250 profit for the weekend to continue a strong start to Spring racing.
A winning weekend across the ditch for Kiwi Chris with Princess Amelie ($19.80) beating home fellow pick King Louis ($9) in a big Quinella at Hastings on Saturday.
Around The Grounds
Collingwood caused a boil-over on Friday night and AFL Tips members loved every second of it, nabbing the Pies at the line (+16.5) and head-to-head at $3.15.
The result went some way to making up for the pain caused by the men in black and white in the past fortnight, falling to West Coast in the final term before failing to cover -10.5 against GWS thanks to a late goal by the visitors.
South Sydney fell to Sydney in a titanic defensive struggle and an extremely frustrating watch for NRL Tips members. Plays on Souths head-to-head and at the line (+2.5) were always within reach but the Rabbits bombed a number of chances in their attacking 20 metres to fall 12-4.
Futures Bets on Tariq Sims to score the most finals tries ($15) and Adam Reynolds to be the top point-scorer ($9) are still alive despite both players watching the grand final from the sidelines.
Sims (3 tries) leads by a sole try, with Sydney winger Daniel Tupou (2) and Storm counterpart Suliasi Vunivalu (2) the danger men this week with Billy Slater (2) set to have played his last game after being suspended for his swan song before retirement.
Sims (3 tries) leads by a sole try, with Sydney winger Daniel Tupou (2) and Storm counterpart Suliasi Vunivalu (2) the danger men this week. Billy Slater (2) looks set to have played his last game after being suspended for what would have been his last game before retirement.
Meanwhile, Reynolds holds a 7-point lead over Storm goal-kicker Cameron Smith, with members praying for a low-scoring contest all-round this Sunday night!
A nice weekend for NFL Prime Time, with 7 wins and 3 losses from 10 plays for a $500 profit to date. The final Prime Time clash, as always, will play out on Tuesday morning.
Scott Kellen’s NFL Tips found 2 winners from 5 bets to cool off after a red-hot start to the season.
A play on Denver-Baltimore to go over 44.5 total points looked brilliant early with a 24-point opening term before the Broncos failed to score and the Ravens scored the only touchdown of a dour second half… including a scoreless last quarter!
And finally, the almighty High Low hit back after a quiet start to September with a monster weekend, making over $1,000 profit to all-but sew up a 19th consecutive winning month!
Overall, a fantastic weekend of results across the board.
While the focus always remains firmly long-term and it may not pan out this way every weekend, it certainly helps when it does!
A ripping start to Queensland Winners could be a sign to come, with The Professor announcing himself to members in a big way over his first weekend.
With Spring racing having well and truly arrived for 2018, there is no better time to jump aboard our cheapest and brand-new membership.