It was a strong weekend of sport and racing across the board, with some big-priced winners the obvious highlights. As always there were some near misses and frustrating results as well.
Here’s what went down over the weekend:
Cameron O’Brien’s Key Bets stole the show with a pair of big collects, including one ‘Hall of Fame’ entry:
- Molly Twohundred ($23) was a massive winner at Albany on Friday night
- Angelic Ruler ($4) was far too good for the opposition at Ascot on Saturday
- Beat The Bell ($8.80) made it 3 winners out West in 3 days at Bunbury on Sunday
A monster weekend with $1,900 profit for members to continue a red-hot start to Summer.
- Angelic Ruler ($4) did the job for WA members as well
- Snow Lord ($12.70) was nearly our 2nd Hall of Fame entry for the weekend but a big collect nonetheless
Great Shot ($3.70, 2nd) was beaten less than half a length by $1.70 favourite Arcadia Prince to deny members an even better return, however $940 profit for the day remained a fantastic result.
- Good Idea ($4.40) got members off to a flyer at Morphettville on Friday
- Pretty Glass ($3.50) won easily in race 3 at Gawler on Saturday
- Pamela Joy ($6.50) closed out a successful weekend a race later
Close to $700 profit for the weekend left members grinning again.
Queensland Winners members had a small winning weekend with Viral ($3.60) proving far too good at the Gold Coast on Saturday.
For NSW Winners members, a small deficit on Saturday was cancelled out by a winning Sunday thanks to Unknown Universe ($4.60) saluting at Hawkesbury.
Members of Dean’s Winners endured a frustrating weekend with a host of 2nds and 3rds. Halycon ($17) made for a solid winning Sunday to erase most of the damage.
Trial Spy members had no such problems on Saturday with Accession ($9) getting the chocolates and a number of place collects making for a monster day.
More 2nds and 3rds accumulated to a solid weekend with just over $600 profit.
A small winning weekend for NZ Tips members with Queen Of Diamonds ($3) a rampant winner on Saturday.
- Cleveland (+3) held on for a tense 17-16 win over Denver
- San Francisco (+4.5) did likewise in OT against Seattle
A bet in Tuesday’s match-up between Carolina and New Orleans will determine whether members have a 5th straight winning weekend.
- Adelaide (+4.5) got the ball rolling with a tough win in Brisbane
- Illawarra and Sydney (Under 178.5) played out a slog in a comfortable win for members
- Melbourne (-2.5) used a 23-6 third term to finish all over Perth
A 3-1 record in round 9 saw $250 profit for members.
Finally, the High Low was back on track after an unusually slow start to December, with a big weekend putting the juggernaut back in the black for this month.
With the Big Bash about to kick off this week, High Low members will get an extra update this week as Rod looks to take down the bookies again.
Big Bash fans are in for another treat as well, with our all-new Big Bash Tips membership launching for the start of the season.