Unfortunately in the punting game, you don’t get prizes for finishing second.
While not all was lost in a weekend that featured some good winners, ‘close but no cigar’ seemed to be the theme for the weekend.
- Miss Jane ($10) took out Race 6 at Morphettville to put members in the black
- Earlier in the day, Igitur ($7.50, 2nd) fell short
- October Jewel ($4.80, 2nd) looked good in the run but couldn’t go with the winner at Penola on Sunday
- Winter Bride ($4.80) got the job done at Caulfield
- Runson ($4.40) made it two winners for the weekend at Cranbourne
- A raft of seconds at fantastic prizes included Humma Humma ($9), Spirit Of Valor ($16) and Hartnell ($10)
To top it off, Benbatl ($10) was tipped as a winner without being an official bet given the price wasn’t quite there at time of release.
- Pierata ($4.40) was a strong winner in the middle of the day
- Trapeze Artist ($9) and Revenire ($4.60) were both left holding the flowers as bridesmaids yet again
The Trial Spy‘s Futures bet on Thrillster ($21-$26) was looking good pre-race, coming into $5.50 second favourite prior to the jump. However the pace was strong up front and it wasn’t to be. Some solid results elsewhere, however:
- Anaheed ($5.50) beat home Disruptor (2nd) and Readys Girl (3rd) in an easy watch for members at Randwick
- The Autumn Sun ($1.75) blitzed the field in the Caulfield Guineas
A very quiet day out West with just one betting race for WA Winners members, while wild weather continued to wreak havoc in Queensland as races were abandoned.
A winning weekend across the ditch for NZ Tips members as Miss Maxipark ($2.50) saluted at Phar Lap Raceway on Friday.
- Cincinnati/Pittsburgh Under 51 points always looked good despite a final quarter flurry of points
- Washington +1.5 saw off Carolina in front of their home fans
- Minnesota/Arizona Under 44 points was a push as the Vikings ran out 27-17 winners
Over $2,300 profit through the first six weeks of the season to date in a great start to the 2018 campaign.
The juggernaut simply continues to roll on as analyst Rod hurtles towards a 21st straight winning month.
Start winning today.