We left Spring racing behind and kicked off the Summer season with a bang on the weekend. Check out all the winners and the near misses from another big weekend of sport and racing.
- Expresso Martini ($8.50) ran down favourite Jip Jip Rock ($3.80) in an easy watch for members
- Xcuses Xcuses ($15) was a runaway winner at Cromwell on Sunday
Earlier in the day at Cromwell, Jessie Janet ($15) was run down by the favourite right at the post to deny members the perfect weekend.
Nonetheless around $500 profit from three betting races for Kiwi Chris.
- Voodoo Lad ($14) was the hero in an enormous run to take out the Group 1 Winterbottom Stakes at Ascot
- Mahamedeis ($2.25) took off around the bend to win easily in the Traralgon Cup on Sunday
A strong weekend with over $700 profit but the weekend wasn’t without heartache either.
Members were on the Voodoo Lad (1st)-Viddora ($2.90, unplaced) Quinella in the big race too, which would have paid very handsomely given the winner’s price, and in the very next race it was Friars Gift ($26, 3rd) flying home down the outside to fall short by less than half a length.
WA Winners members were treated to a strong winning weekend as well with 2 winners from 3 betting races:
- The Celt ($9) held off the fast-finishing favourite to open the account in Race 1
- Nordic King ($5.20) made it 2 winners from 3 races
A solid day out West with $450 profit as the Ascot racing carnival continued.
- Hingus Rose ($9.50) kicked off proceedings with an impressive win at Doomben to instantly make it a winning day
- Snitch ($8) put the cream on top for members at another great price
A strong 2nd from Jami Lady ($13) at big odds and disappointing runs from Speedgun ($2.40 into $1.90) on the Gold Coast and Ardoyne Road ($4.40 into $2.20) at Toowoomba rounded out the Professor’s 5 selections for the day, with members finishing with $480 profit for the day.
- Noble Boy ($2.80) got things off to a strong start with a win in Race 3
- Invincible Star ($3.90) ensured it was a strong winning day
Another winning day in New South Wales as members took home over $350 profit.
Barby’s Bets members had a small outlay weekend, with Crown Fontein ($1.50) shortening up before winning comfortably.
- I’m A Rippa ($6.10) saw off Most Important ($8.50) and Victorem ($4.50) as members had the trifecta at Doomben
- Voodoo Lad ($14) put in a huge run to win the Winterbottom
- High Mode ($16) ran them ragged in the 4600m Jericho Cup in Warrnambool for a huge collect
A raft of smaller collects on 2nd and 3rd placings across both Saturday and Sunday put members into the black for the weekend.
It was a similar story for Dean’s other service, Trial Spy, with a trio of 2nd placings from 4 betting races across the weekend. Again, that was enough for two winning days and $350 profit thanks to some value in the selections.
- Seven De Baune ($1.59) shortened prior to the jump and got the chocolates
- Iconic Belle ($8) did the opposite but defied the alarming drift to win
- Le Bague Au Roi ($2.46) made it 3 winners for the week
$400 profit for the week for members to continue a strong start to the membership since re-launching in late October.
- Cowboys (+7.5) beat New Orleans in an impressive home victory
- The Colts and Jax (under 48) was never in doubt as the sides played out a dour 6-0 battle
- LA Rams and Detroit (under 55) made it 3/3 with the Rams coming out 30-16 victors
- A scoreless final term meant Carolina/Tampa Bay (under 54.5) also cashed
- New England (-4.5) defended stoutly in the final quarter to end a perfect weekend
Week 13 saw over $1,000 profit added to the growing kitty. Scott is putting together a ripping season with nearly 65% strike rate and $3,400 profit for the season to date.
And finally, the almighty High Low juggernaut just kept trucking along, with Friday night marking a 22nd straight winning month – absolutely remarkable.
Overall, the High Low has now made over $87,500 profit at 13% PoT since launch, winning for 35 months out of 37 since then as well.
There’s never a bad time to jump on board and start winning.