It wasn’t a massive weekend of highlights for punters, with some good winners mixed in with some agonising beats both at the track and the footy.
At The Footy
- North Melbourne (-7.5) kicked away over West Coast in the second half in Tasmania
- Hawthorn (-14.5) were far too good for a disappointing Fremantle in Perth
$810 profit leaves members with $4,990 profit for the season so far.
AFL Specials members enjoyed more success in Round 19 as well, winning on all three days for $700 profit across the weekend.
Things started brightly for NRL Tips members as well with a winning Friday night. Unfortunately that’s where things ended as a very disappointing Saturday and Sunday followed.
At The Track
- Arena Salon ($16) was a great winner at a big price on Saturday
- Oorah ($3) made it two straight winning days for members
Melbourne Ratings members didn’t have much joy at Caulfield but Chiavari ($20) ensured very minor damage to the bank.
- Gytrash ($3.60) was the sole winner on a bleak Saturday
- Little Al ($3.50) kicked off Sunday in ripping fashion
- Prince Of Virtue ($1.90) ensured a winning day with a big run after struggling early
NSW Winners members were on the receiving end of a host of seconds, but Paret ($4.20) wiped out most of the losses.
Dia De La Raza ($8.50) led for 999m out of the 1000m in Race 4 Belmont before going down in the tightest of photos to a $26 chance – it was truly agonising.
Despite giving some back, members still have a very nice cushion to fall back on with $3,700 profit over the last two months.
The shoe was on the other foot but it was the same result in Race 8 at Morphettville. Zalmona ($8) and Nodoubtaboutit ($4.20) were both storming home down the middle of the track and it looked as though members wouldn’t just have a winner but the Quinella as well.
However, the $17 leader somehow clung on by a nostril to deny members a winning day.