Get all the latest from the weekend, featuring some big winners and one particularly bad beat.
At The Footy
NRL Tips managed a winning weekend as well despite one of the all-time worst beats in sports betting history. Things started brightly in the Broncos-Eels clash on Thursday night:
- Under 43.5 points and neither team to score 20 points (at $5.75) were both winners in a defensive slog
- Canberra scored a miracle win over Manly 21-20 to keep the wins coming
- Melbourne‘s 7-6 win over North Queensland made it 4/4 for the weekend
- Our first loss came as the Titans (+10.5) crumbled after holding an 8-point halftime lead
- Newcastle were blown away by Cronulla as the score went well over the 45.5 total
- Wests Tigers recovered from an early deficit to beat the Bulldogs 14-10 and end the weekend on a high
Of course, the big match of the round was the Panthers-Dragons match up.
The Dragons simply needed to lose by less than 26 points to retain top spot and give members a collect on our Dragons to be Halfway Leaders Futures bet at massive $21 pre-season odds.
Things were looking good for much of the dour, low-scoring match before it all turned horribly pear-shaped in the final 20 minutes.
It’s a tough watch, but with the Dragons trailing 22-2, this is what happened:
— NRL (@NRL) 26 May 2018
The result saw both teams tied on wins, losses and points differential atop the NRL ladder, but the Panthers moved to the top of the standings in line with NRL tie-breaker rules.
Awful news for NRL Tips members in what may be the toughest punting story you will ever hear. After 11 weeks of dominance, the Dragons are second courtesy of a tie-breaker.
A play on Penrith to win by 13+ (at $5.50 odds) helped to ease the pain a little, but that one hurt like nothing else.
That said, the NRL Tips kitty sits at $5,000 with a brilliant strike rate that currently sits above 60%.
Another winning weekend for AFL Tips:
- Collingwood (-18.5) ran over the top of the Bulldogs in a massive second half
- Brisbane (+20.5) dug in against the Swans in the wet
- Melbourne (-6.5) destroyed Adelaide in Alice Springs to end the weekend on a high note
Members walked away with just over $200 profit, bringing the season total to $3,600 through the first 10 rounds.
Another winning weekend for AFL Specials members too, with 11 wins from 17 bets and a $600 profit. Season profit now exceeds $6,000 with more than half of the season to go.
At The Track
Another winning Saturday for Barby’s Bets members in Adelaide with two winners from four races:
- Chamois Road ($6.60) defied the drift to salute in Race 2
- Diamond Tycoon ($2.60) was a strong winner late in the day
A $350 profit for the day took Barby’s Bets all-time profit numbers past $10,500 in just nine months.
A very quiet week for Trev’s Bets members as Lycurgus ($2.50) won well. One shot, one kill and $500 profit.
— Racing.com (@Racing) 26 May 2018
Some winners and very near misses for Key Bets members:
- Sword Of Justice ($11) went down by a nostril in the opener at Doomben
- Duca Valentinois ($3.40) soon got the ball rolling with a win at the same track
- Perast ($4.80) beat home Assimilate ($6.90) to fill the Quinella in the last of the day up north
- Hot favourite Vontaine ($2.30) was beaten a nose early in the day at Randwick
16th Straight Winning Month
A big weekend for the High Low to round out May marked a 16th straight month of profit and a 29th winning month in 31 since launch.
Big winners included:
- Western Bulldogs ($2.80-$3) thanks to early payout promotions with various bookies
- Essendon ($2.75-$2.90) over GWS
- North Melbourne ($2.00) in the West against the Dockers
- North Melbourne between 20-39 points ($5.50)
- Lycurgus ($3.50 early price)
- Youngstar ($3.80)
- Impending ($4.40)
A weekend profit of $1,600 for members to finish the month of May, taking the all-time total profit past a whopping $73,000.It is quite simply the best investment you will ever make, from as little as just $119 a month.
More About High Low
The High Low is just one of our huge range of successful and profitable memberships that we have available. We cover horse racing tips and footy tips to suit every punter’s needs, and you can browse to see what best suits your punting style right here.
Browse Our Memberships