Unfortunately in the punting game, you don’t get prizes for finishing second.
While not all was lost in a weekend that featured some good winners, ‘close but no cigar’ seemed to be the theme for the weekend.
We start in South Australia where Barby’s Bets members enjoyed a winning weekend:
- Miss Jane ($10) took out Race 6 at Morphettville to put members in the black
- Earlier in the day, Igitur ($7.50, 2nd) fell short
- October Jewel ($4.80, 2nd) looked good in the run but couldn’t go with the winner at Penola on Sunday
A chop-out weekend for Key Bets members despite more agonising defeats:
- Winter Bride ($4.80) got the job done at Caulfield
- Runson ($4.40) made it two winners for the weekend at Cranbourne
- A raft of seconds at fantastic prizes included Humma Humma ($9), Spirit Of Valor ($16) and Hartnell ($10)
To top it off, Benbatl ($10) was tipped as a winner without being an official bet given the price wasn’t quite there at time of release.
It was a similar story for NSW Winners members:
- Pierata ($4.40) was a strong winner in the middle of the day
- Trapeze Artist ($9) and Revenire ($4.60) were both left holding the flowers as bridesmaids yet again
The Trial Spy‘s Futures bet on Thrillster ($21-$26) was looking good pre-race, coming into $5.50 second favourite prior to the jump. However the pace was strong up front and it wasn’t to be. Some solid results elsewhere, however:
- Anaheed ($5.50) beat home Disruptor (2nd) and Readys Girl (3rd) in an easy watch for members at Randwick
- The Autumn Sun ($1.75) blitzed the field in the Caulfield Guineas
A very quiet day out West with just one betting race for WA Winners members, while wild weather continued to wreak havoc in Queensland as races were abandoned.
A winning weekend across the ditch for NZ Tips members as Miss Maxipark ($2.50) saluted at Phar Lap Raceway on Friday.
It was a successful weekend for Scott Kellen’s NFL Tips, going 2-1 and a push from 4 bets:
- Cincinnati/Pittsburgh Under 51 points always looked good despite a final quarter flurry of points
- Washington +1.5 saw off Carolina in front of their home fans
- Minnesota/Arizona Under 44 points was a push as the Vikings ran out 27-17 winners
Over $2,300 profit through the first six weeks of the season to date in a great start to the 2018 campaign.
Last but certainly not least, it was yet another winning weekend for High Low.
The juggernaut simply continues to roll on as analyst Rod hurtles towards a 21st straight winning month.
With the NBA season now on our door steps, the High Low will only be getting stronger.
Start winning today.